Everyone knows by now what is happening in the Ukraine. This is a time where you cannot slack on your website security and maintaining your website daily should be top of your list. We recommend the following measures to ensure that your website is not compromised during this difficult time.
- Be aware of what phishing attacks are and how they are carried out.
- Enable two-factor authentication on every admin user account on WordPress.
- Ensure that all of your plugins and themes are up to date.
- Keep an eye on any financial irregularities in your company.
- Remind anyone who has admin access to your website to be on the lookout for anything that doesn’t seem right such as new plugins being installed, removed etc.
- Download and install a plugin called “WordFence”, it is the best in the market. There is a free and a premium version. The free version will suit smaller businesses whereas the premium version is more suited towards large businesses.
If you have any questions about any of the above, please contact us and we will be able to assist you. We will install WordFence free of charge and also configure it for you.